Monday, July 20, 2009

Limber Pine Project

One of my coworkers working on limber pines took me out to a rocky outcrop off of Fall River Road to help her place anti-beetle pheramone packets on those rare trees and record data. It was an amazing day- traversing rocks, boulders and ravines at high elevation and slope in search of these elusive trees... all in hope of saving them from the viscious beetles. Here is a picture of me in a small wildflower patch. I had to give up my fear of heights for this project- one wobbly knee could have destabilized a rock and sent me downhill a thousand or so feet (in a few areas only of course.) Maybe I am exaggerating, but the day had the potential to be dangerous at times. The picture shows the elevation and slope.


Erin is a great photographer, and friend. Here's one of sheep meadows (?) framed by a limber pine.

No comments:

Post a Comment