Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mi Casita

My little house, mi casita, is super quirky and old-school. The wallpaper in the kitchen is 1950's "jam contest" themed and the bathroom is "US military eagle lapel" style. The linoleum was never fully cleaned so I have to beware of sprinkling water on the floor or I make mud. This, I do not mind as I drag in so much mud and dirt from my job already it would be antithetical to have a clean floor. I am so excited though, this week I got a brand new stove because the old one started leaking gas when I was trying to bake some banana walnut chocolate muffins (delightful!).

I also have a lot of friends living in my house. Sam is a small spider of an unknown species that tries to trap pests above the doorway. Sam has quite a number of buddies throughout my house, some of them make a mess partying in my shower. I also have a few large ants that like to peruse the bathroom floor. If you know me, you know how I feel about ants. However, these guys don't bother me as they don't come in swarms and are easy to pick up and throw outside.

Here are some pics of the place.

View from my front door with the bed, closet and bathroom door on the left and the kitchen on the right.
View of my bed, and front window.

View of my little kitchen! I love cooking in there- it's always a challenge.

I'm sure my mom is concerned about my diet, so here's a preview:

Spelt pasta with garlic sauce, sunchokes, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and tempeh.
Wilted spinach salad with miso, walnuts and cranberries.
Salad with goddess dressing, crumbled blue cheese and nutritional yeast.
Apples with chocolate cashew hemp nut butter for dessert.


I have to eat well because I likely need a 3000 to 4000 calorie diet... stay tuned for more recipes such as chocolate zuchini bread and the awesome banana walnut chocolate.

1 comment: